How we set ourselves apart from other pediatric practices…
- Our Staff – Pediatrics of Florence has assembled an outstanding and diverse team of health care professionals dedicated to the physical, emotional and intellectual development of your child. We employ a full complement of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, lactation consultants, clinical counselors, and office staff, so you can always get the health care attention your child needs when he or she needs it.
- Flexible Hours – We have office hours from 7:30am until 6:30pm Monday through Thursday, 7:30am-5:30pm on Friday, and offer Saturday morning hours from 8:00am-12:00pm because we understand that kids don’t just get sick during regular business hours.
- Walk-in Sick Visits – We accept walk-ins for acute sick patients 7:30am-8:30am Monday through Friday. Walk-in sick visits are not for ongoing or prolonged illnesses.
- Convenient Office – Our offices is conveniently located in the heart of Florence on US Highway 42, just minutes from I-75. Any easy drive from anywhere in Northern Kentucky.
- NEXT MD Patient Portal – Through our patient portal you are able to request immunization certificates, school or sports physical forms, and request medication refills. You can also contact someone in our office with a billing question or a problem/question regarding your account or insurance.
Don’t Just Take Our Word for It…
“Upon arrival, the office is clean and well organized. The staff is friendly, and helpful. Having the fun themed waiting room and exam rooms are a nice touch and it makes it more inviting for our kids. We’ve always been happy with any doctor or nurse practitioner we’ve seen, and they usually go above and beyond just “being the doctor”… In that they show they really do CARE. They listen, and are always friendly. We appreciate our children’s care givers!” – Michelle Ellis
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you board certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics?
Yes, all physicians are board certified.
With your group practice, how often will I see other doctors?
For appointments made in advance, you can see the same provider (or the provider of your choice). For acute care visits you may be asked to see another provider.
How do I reach a healthcare provider after hours or in case of an emergency?
Always call the office at 859-525-8181. An automated system will notify the physician on call so you can speak with them.
How often should I bring my child in for well childcare?
We follow the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations. This includes 10 visits in the first two years of life (these coincide with the recommended immunization schedule) and yearly after that.
Who should I call for advice on parenting questions?
Urgent questions can be answered by one of our nurses or physicians on an as needed basis.For non-urgent parenting questions, please bring them up at your child’s well child visit.
What is your Antibiotics philosophy?
Whether a physician is conservative or liberal with antibiotics often depends on the age of the patient and the seriousness of the illness being treated. With regard to treatment of your child, we are a team. Your physician will make a recommendation on what he or she thinks is best, but you will make the ultimate decision on how to treat your child.
What is your Complimentary and Alternative Medicine philosophy?
Conventional medicine is very good at treating some things and not very good at treating others. Conditions to be treated are evaluated on a case by case basis and recommendations will be made. If you are seeking alternative or complementary care for a specific condition, please make the physician aware of this, so it can be discussed as part of a treatment plan.
What is your nutrition philosophy?
Healthy nutrition and the prevention of obesity are extremely important. This issue should be addressed at every well-child visit and possibly more frequently depending on the situation. We do have consultations with a dietician available if you feel or the physician feels that it needs to be addressed more thoroughly.
What is your discipline philosophy?
Some discipline tactics are specific for different age children or for different behaviors. We have several handouts that give general information on this topic or we can recommend a more comprehensive book to serve your needs.
Choosing your child’s health provider is one of the most important decisions you can make affecting your child’s normal growth and development. Please use this webpage as a guide and a resource as you choose the right practice for your family. Most parents begin by visiting our office and meeting with our staff. These complementary visits allow you to observe our offices in person and to talk to a doctor about your concerns. Many expectant parents have questions about immunizations, circumcision, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, and newborn care.
Contact Us (859-525-8181) if you have any questions or would like to setup a complimentary visit!
About Pediatrics of Florence
We believe that children are more than just “little adults.” They have unique personalities, challenges, and life circumstances and we have made every effort to make our offices and care as “kid friendly” as possible. We have an aquatic theme in the waiting rooms (separated for sick and well children) as well as themed examination rooms. All of our physicians are Board Certified Pediatricians and members of the American Academy of Pediatrics and our nurse practitioners are all licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and are available to see both well and sick children.
>> More About Pediatrics of Florence