We have a limited supply of Flu shots and mist available for both private and state insured patients! No appointment necessary! CDC recommends every child ages 6 months and up receive a flu vaccine every year.
Walkup Flu Shot Clinics…
- Thursday October 10th from 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Monday October 21st from 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday October 26th from 9:00am – 11:00am
There will be a tent located in parking lot, please park and bring your child(ren) up. We will only be offering the flu shot during the clinic this year. Please be sure to dress your child so that we can access the thigh for children 4 years and under, or the upper arm for children over 5 years. In case of inclement weather please contact the office or check for Facebook for cancellation updates. As always, if you feel your child would do better coming inside the office, flu shots are offered daily- no appointment required.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends flu vaccinations for all children 6 months to 18 years of age, as well as anyone wishing to avoid the getting the flu. Both the H1N1 and the Seasonal flu are combined together into one vaccine.
Flu Vaccines are available for patients only
- Patients (billed to their insurance) – No copay due at time of service
- No appointment necessary
Who should get the flu vaccine?
- Anyone 6 months to 18 years.
- Anyone 65 years and older
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition, such as: asthma, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease or blood disease.
- Anyone with a weakened immune system due to medication or illness.
- Women pregnant during flu season.
- Anyone working in a healthcare setting or a place where you are more likely to be exposed to the influenza virus.
- Anyone who is a household contact to someone who fits in the above categories.
- Anyone who wants to decrease their chances of catching Influenza.
- Seasonal flu shots are available to private and state insured patients.
- The Cost will be billed to your insurance. Most insurance plans do not require co-payment for immunization only visits.
How Many Vaccines Will My Child Need?
Children who have received the flu vaccine will need one vaccine. Children who are less than 9 years old and have never received the flu vaccine before will need two vaccines. The second dose must be at least 4 weeks after the first dose.
If you have any questions, please contact Terra Marinacci or call the office at (859) 525-8181.
About Pediatrics of Florence
We believe that children are more than just “little adults.” They have unique personalities, challenges, and life circumstances and we have made every effort to make our offices and care as “kid friendly” as possible. We have an aquatic theme in the waiting rooms (separated for sick and well children) as well as themed examination rooms. All of our physicians are Board Certified Pediatricians and members of the American Academy of Pediatrics and our nurse practitioners are all licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and are available to see both well and sick children.
>> Learn More About Pediatrics of Florence