September 22, 2017
We have flu shots in stock for all ages and insurances. There will be no flu mist again this year. We are not offering flu shots to parents this year.
Beware Getting Flu Shots From Retail Pharmacies
It is important to get the seasonal flu shot from your child’s primary care provider because our office carries the quadrivalent flu vaccine- it protects against four flu strains. Most retail pharmacies and clinics only carry the trivalent vaccine.
Please contact us (859-525-8181) for up to the minute updates!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends flu vaccinations for all children 6 months to 18 years of age, as well as anyone wishing to avoid the getting the flu. Both the H1N1 and the Seasonal flu are combined together into one vaccine.
Flu Vaccines are available for patients & parents
- Patients (billed to their insurance) – No copay due at time of service
- Parents $30 out of pocket
- No appointment necessary
Who should get the flu vaccine?
- Anyone 6 months to 18 years.
- Anyone 65 years and older
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition, such as: asthma, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease or blood disease.
- Anyone with a weakened immune system due to medication or illness.
- Women pregnant during flu season.
- Anyone working in a healthcare setting or a place where you are more likely to be exposed to the influenza virus.
- Anyone who is a household contact to someone who fits in the above categories.
- Anyone who wants to decrease their chances of catching Influenza.
- Seasonal flu shots are available to private and state insured patients.
- The Cost will be billed to your insurance. Most insurance plans do not require co-payment for immunization only visits.
- You will be charged $30 out of pocket.
How many vaccines will my child need this flu season?
Children who have received the flu vaccine will need one vaccine. Children who are less than 9 years old and have never received the flu vaccine before will need two vaccines. The second dose must be at least 4 weeks after the first dose.
If you have any questions, please contact Terra Marinacci or call the office at (859) 525-8181.