Current Flu Vaccine Supply
As of August 15, 2013, we have private and state insured Flu MIST available. We have not received our shipment of flu shots yet and will notify you on our flu vaccine information page when we do.
No Appointment Necessary
Just come in during our normal hours and we will help you with vaccinations.
Important Information About the Flu
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends flu vaccinations for all children 6 months to 18 years of age, as well as anyone wishing to avoid the getting the flu. Both the H1N1 and the Seasonal flu are combined together into one vaccine.
Flu Vaccines are available for patients & parents
- Patients (billed to their insurance) – No copay due at time of service
- Parents $30 out of pocket
- No appointment necessary
Who should get the flu vaccine?
- Anyone 6 months to 18 years.
- Anyone 65 years and older
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition, such as: asthma, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease or blood disease.
- Anyone with a weakened immune system due to medication or illness.
- Women pregnant during flu season.
- Anyone working in a healthcare setting or a place where you are more likely to be exposed to the influenza virus.
- Anyone who is a household contact to someone who fits in the above categories.
- Anyone who wants to decrease their chances of catching Influenza.
- Seasonal flu mists and shots are available to private and state insured patients.
- The Cost will be billed to your insurance. Most insurance plans do not require co-payment for immunization only visits.
- You will be charged $30 out of pocket. Parents may only receive a flu shot, not the flu mist.
Who is eligible for flu mist?
Children over the age of 2 may receive flu mist. Children who have asthma or have had wheezing in the past 6-10 months are not eligible for flu mist. Also, anyone who is pregnant may not receive flu mist.
How many vaccines will my child need this flu season?
Children who have received the flu vaccine will need one vaccine. Children who are less than 9 years old and have never received the flu vaccine before will need two vaccines (flu shot or flu mist). The second dose must be at least 4 weeks after the first dose.
If you have any questions, please contact Terra Anderschat (859) 525-8181.