Since the guidelines and recommendations for Covid-19 are changing daily please check your email and our social media for updates. Below is some of the latest information that will help you during this period as Covid-19 spreads…
Update May 7, 2020
Face Masks Needed For Kids 2 Years Old and Up
By instruction of Governor Beshear, and an effort to keep everyone safe, we are asking everyone over the age of 2 years to wear a mask when coming into the office beginning May 11. If you do not have a mask available we have included a short tutorial on how to make a mask out of simple household items…
May 5, 2020
Make Sure to Continue Your Well Child Visits and Vaccine Schedules
The KY AAP is encouraging families to maintain routine well child visits and vaccines during the pandemic and so are we!
- We are separating our well visits from our sick visits by using different sides of the office. Well visits are seen during the first part of the day before anyone sick comes into the building.
- Well checks can also be a time to identify developmental delays, scoliosis, heart murmurs,vision, or hearing problems that may not otherwise be identified until a later time.
April 21, 2020
April 8, 2020
April 1, 2020
New Hours and Scheduling Procedures
In order to provide the best care possible for all of our patients we are making changes to our current office hours and procedures.
- 7:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday | 8:00am – 12:00pm Saturday
- We are temporarily canceling our Walk Ins in the morning from 7:30am-8:30am.
- We are moving all of our well checks to the morning hours to help reduce exposure to others.
- We will schedule all of our sick visits in the afternoon.
- We have made it possible for your child to keep any behavior or ADHD rechecks by offering telemedicine visits for these types of appointments from the convenience of your home.
We are all in this together! We will continue to send out updates as changes happen to make sure you are all informed of what we are found to keep your child safe and still be able to receive the best care.
Testing for Covid-19
At this point we do not have the ability to test for Covid-19 in our office. Fortunately Covid-19 is typically less severe in children, but kids are good at spreading disease. You need to be extra careful about keeping them away from others if they are sick. Because children with this illness tend to do well, it is unlikely that we will ever get to a point where testing children is routine. That may change, but for now, tests will be prioritized for populations that are at an increased risk for more severe disease.
When Is It Time To Schedule An Appointment?
If your child is sick, but not in distress of pain, it is okay to watch them at home to see how they do. If they are in distress, have localized pain, or have a fever that is not improving over a few days, then scheduling a visit in office is appropriate.
Stay Informed and Follow Recommendations From the CDC
Here is a link to information for Kentuckians and it includes a hotline to call if needed… https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/pages/covid19.aspx
Things Pediatrics of Florence Is Doing To Maintain Your Health and Wellness…
- Designated exam rooms for our well and sick patients on separate sides of the building and down separate hallways.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of every exam room between patients.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of the waiting room.
- Placing patients and families in a room immediately after check in to keep the waiting room from being crowded.
Contact Us (859-525-8181) if you have any questions!
About Pediatrics of Florence
We believe that children are more than just “little adults.” They have unique personalities, challenges, and life circumstances and we have made every effort to make our offices and care as “kid friendly” as possible. We have an aquatic theme in the waiting rooms (separated for sick and well children) as well as themed examination rooms. All of our physicians are Board Certified Pediatricians and members of the American Academy of Pediatrics and our nurse practitioners are all licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and are available to see both well and sick children.
>> More About Pediatrics of Florence