Doctors at Pediatrics of Florence are getting notifications from retail based clinics that some of our patients are getting flu shots outside of our office. We are glad that you have chosen to protect yourself and your children from the flu but there are reasons why you should come to us for your flu shots.
Why You Should Come To Our Office For Flu Shots….
- Most retail pharmacies and clinics only carry the trivalent flu vaccine that protects against 3 flu strains. Our quadrivalent flu vaccine protects against 4 flu strains.
- Retail clinics do not give mercury free vaccines. We do!
- Retail clinics do not give child friendly flu immunisations. We do!
- Retail clinics do not have staff specifically trained for children. We do!
Pediatrics of Florence provides the flu shots without you ever needing an appointment. Patients typically pay nothing out of pocket. Waiting time in our office for a flu shot is guaranteed to be less than what you would wait at a retail based clinic.
More About Seasonal Flu
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends flu vaccinations for all children 6 months to 18 years of age, as well as anyone wishing to avoid the getting the flu. Both the H1N1 and the Seasonal flu are combined together into one vaccine.
Flu Vaccines are available for patients
- Patients (billed to their insurance) – No copay due at time of service
- No appointment necessary
Who should get the flu vaccine?
- Anyone 6 months to 18 years.
- Anyone 65 years and older
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition, such as: asthma, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease or blood disease.
- Anyone with a weakened immune system due to medication or illness.
- Women pregnant during flu season.
- Anyone working in a healthcare setting or a place where you are more likely to be exposed to the influenza virus.
- Anyone who is a household contact to someone who fits in the above categories.
- Anyone who wants to decrease their chances of catching Influenza.
Pediatrics of Florence Flu Vaccine Information | Click Here
Contact Us (859-525-8181) if you have any questions!
About Pediatrics of Florence
We believe that children are more than just “little adults.” They have unique personalities, challenges, and life circumstances and we have made every effort to make our offices and care as “kid friendly” as possible. We have an aquatic theme in the waiting rooms (separated for sick and well children) as well as themed examination rooms. All of our physicians are Board Certified Pediatricians and members of the American Academy of Pediatrics and our nurse practitioners are all licensed Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and are available to see both well and sick children.
>> More About Pediatrics of Florence